Re: ASRG

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Hi Terry et al
Would love to provide pix but not equipped for that currently
I have used your construction techniques very closely and my machine looks a
lot like yours a few points
1) I run rotor diameter of  226mm (this is for mounting compatibility with
SRSG)
2) With this size I can easily fit 12 static electrodes
3) The electrodes are 5mm dia (a little small for the power I put thru it I
suspect)
4) I have run the machine at up to 8kva (new rotor) no problems and no waer
with 2 to 3 min run time.
5) I now use 1mm spacing between rotor and static electrodes
6) Cheap angle grinder motor with guts removed and front milled down flat
works well for me I suspect same cheap Chinese angle grinders are similar
the world around
7) The front bearing on the new angle grinder (8mm x20mm) needed replacment
as it was rough as new (cheap and easy $4)
8) Because the design is simple contruction was painless
9) I use nylon 1"dia  rod professionally machined for the rotor/motor
connection. The precision is very useful
10) Suggestion to run the rotor over the top of the static electodes seem
good to me but I'd have to make a rotor
11) I operate the design vertically and can cunningly mount the whole thing
into the holders where the static electrodes of my SRSG attached so I have
both electrical and mechanical mounting in one go with NO wiring alteration
to the coil

Best and tnx for the WEB site with the details on the design
Ted L in NZ