Re: Yet Another Lo-Budget MOT Experiment

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi Greg
Snip
>I don't know if async is "best". I have two async
gaps. I like them because they use a simple, cheap,
Unmodified universal motor. I was able to build them
Myself without having to visit a machinist. The break
Rate can be adjusted with a variac or even a cheap
Lamp dimmer. <

This is good to read!!!
Have a grinder and a variac. Perhaps a variable async gap is a good idea!!!
Ooooo I like it!
But how to know what bps you are at?
Hmmm….