Re: Another note regarding Electrostatic Voltmeters

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

>This would be very bad for tesla AC measurements as you would basically be
>floating the entire thing at
>high voltage - not a very safe thing to do, unless you measured "half" the
>voltage by tying the negative terminal
>to your true primary ground which is earth ground as well.

My little one [ which started this discussion ;-) ] has "Do Not Touch When
Operating" emblazoned on the dial.

One of the [ two ] terminals is marked E - I assumed that this should be
tied to ground.

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith            | Business: http://www.kbc-dot-net.au