Re: HV Meter

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi All

snip
>... They are also very tolerant of overvoltage events
>(up to a point) and generally wonderful things...
snip

So - you think that I got a good deal for $15 AUD ($7.50 US) ?

Thanks to all for the helpful advice - looks like I've got a nice little
bit of kit here - just needs a box to mount it in.

I've got a few (like several 10's) of 1/2W 5M6 resistors floating around,
so I will make up a divider network on a PCB, drop it in a can of oil, and
use it to extend my range.

Would there be any mileage in using a safety gap or string of MOV's to
protect this little treasure?

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith            | Business: http://www.kbc-dot-net.au