Re: Grounded Gas Line Re:3/4, 1/4,or 3/4 copper tubing?...

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Scott,

In clearification on the grounded gas line, it is connected to the
electrical ground which is also connected to the water pipe.  Looking at
this, I think it was done as a lightning protection method.  It was
installed when the house was built.  It could be local code, but I still
don't like the idea of any voltage on that pipe.

David E Weiss