RE: Eye Protection: WAS RE: 3/4, 1/4, or 3/4 copper tubing?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I think it's most likely becuase people don't notice that their eyes are
being burned by electromagnetic radiation becuase they don't feel any pain,
whereas the extremely loud noise causes an instant reaction of trying to
cover something up. And yes, I agree that you should wear eye protection,
although it is difficult to get large amounts of glasses that are qualified
to protect you against all the dangers thigns that could occur to distribute
to a large audience if you are doing a demo.

should be available and required by
spectators.  UVEX ANSI approved safety glasses cost only about $2.00 each at
quantities of 20+ and for about $100.00
you can get a UV cabinet (disinfects glasses) with about 10-20 pairs of
safety glasses for about $100.00.  A great
investment for anyone who plans on giving lots of demonstrations etc...

Remember, it may be YOU that you are protecting by making sure spectators
wear proper safety devices.  I would really
hate to see what happens if a small teenager watching a demonstration got a
few pieces of tungsten in their eye
when a rotary spark gap decided to "go nasty on ya."  With lawsuits today .
. . heck, if a thief breaks into your house
and trips over that coffee table you have in the living room you'll get
sued.

Dan