RE: New Files at www.teslacoil-dot-com

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

Terry & All,

The poles were set 10' away from the coil and were 45 degrees apart so
your guess was pretty much right on the money. The discharge points were
also set 45 degrees apart to match the poles. The video camera was off
to one side because the still camera was set dead center (see the .jpg).
I don't recall the exact number of turns but generally we use about half
the number of turns of smaller (<8kVA) coils (NST, MOT, OBIT, PT). Same
with wire; less resistance is better so we go for "bigger", however, the
same doesn't (may not) hold true for smaller coils.

I believe that there is a physical leap at 10kVA... That is, many of the
"rules of thumb" change dramatically at or near that power level and
many design factors (overall system Q, RF grounding needs, insulation
factor, coupling, tuning, etc...) "change" in a non-linear way (i.e.
things stop scaling up like one expects them to). This is just a
personal observation I have "noted" in the last six or seven years.
Maybe others who have make the 10kVA transition can comment?...

Jeff