Re: Tesla Coil Tricks

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <DanReind-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello all,

I'm looking for ideas for safe tricks and demonstrations to do with my
tesla coil.  My experience has been that, while initially awed to the
appropriate level by the foot long power arcs and 18" coronal discharges,
within about 5 or 10 minutes they're pretty used to it and it becomes a
case of "okay, now what" (as for myself, I could do it for hours and never
get bored of it).  As compared to my van de graaf generator, which allows
for all kinds of up close and personal fun with electricity (hair raising,
shocking friends, blowing corona off the fingers, games with pie plates and
soap bubbles etc).  Fluorescent tube lighting has been good, but how else
can one flesh out a "show" for friends?

Thanks,

Dan Reinders