Re: doubler caps

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

They have a page of MO caps?  I looked at the page for them, and it said
that there wasnt any.  I was looking at motor run caps rated for 2350vac.
But it seems that there page is currently not working for some reason, so i
will have to wait to check this out again.  Well if they do have MO caps, i
will just buy those!  I suppose i will overrate my cap bank and such.
Robert H mentioned that i need a 2x to 4x rating on many of the components.
The problem there lies that the IN4007 diodes will only handle 1 amp.  The
mot can supply upwards of 500ma.  Thats just barely giving a 2x rating,
when he says i should have about 4x.  So what should i do?  Do i really
need the extra amp rating, or will this suffice?   I dont even know where
to get big HV diodes that are rated over 1A.  I guess i will give it a shot
with the diodes i have.

Steve Ward.

_