[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Welding rods and ARCS

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

I think the folks are referring to tungsten rods used in TIG welders.
They're about 1/8" in diameter and 6" long (various sizes available).  

The welding rod for inside a bottle in a saltwater cap would be the usual
filler rod for gas welding, or rods for "stick welding".  In this case,
you'd probably be better off with brazing rod, since the conductivity would
be better. You would not want flux coated rods, either.

Tesla list wrote:
> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> Hi list folks,
> I've seen all this about welding rods on the list but can't quite grasp it.
> I found a bunch of welding rods in the back of my toolbox, hence these
> questions.
> How would you physically mount and connect wires to said welding rods?
> Is it really better to use welding rods in gaps? I also think I read
> somewhere that you can use welding rods for inside the bottles in a SW
> bucket cap. How would you connect the wires to the rods in this case also?
> Can you solder to welding rods?
> As always I'm very grateful for your input and guidance. Thanks a lot.
> Getting closer...................
> Dan
> Ft. Lauderdale