RE: Regulating Coil

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Based on your description, it sounds like this is referring to a tuning
coil, in series with the primary, for fine-tuning the primary inductance.
Since the main primary has only two turns, this allows an easy way to very
the primary frequency in small increments.  If Tesla was studying secondary
capacitance, seeing what added, known primary inductance can offset a
secondary capacitance is a good way to do it.

As far as "adjusting the primary e.m.f.",  emf (I think) refers to the
voltage.  I don't think the voltage is what was being adjusted.

Gary Lau
MA, USA