Re: oil dielectric

Paul: to answer your stainless use question. No..stainless is conductive and
will act as a shorted turn. The stainless will absorbe all the induced
current and leave nothing. Non nagnetic stainless is magnetic resistant and
will still short out your magnetic fast pulse that the primary tries to
induce  in it.
   Robert  H