Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 21:16:48 EDT
From: SMTH2000-at-aol-dot-com
To: chip-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Tesla Coils

I learned of your web site through an internet search this weekend. Perhaps
you could steer me in the right direction.

>From the mid-1980's through the mid 1990's, my father was deeply involved
with Tesla Coil building and experimentation. He maintained 2 large coils,
one a Model 150 Transformer (250v), the other a Model 50 Transformer (120v)
both of which were purchased through an outfit called Resonance Research of
Wisconsin.  Two large aluminum torroids accompany the units.

My father passed away 2 months ago and my mother has requested I liquidate
all of his coil equipment.  One reference I checked suggested I try to do so
via eBay, but I haven't really seen anything quite like the equipment my
father used. My dad's investment was somewhere in the ballpart of $25,000 and
I know probably less than 50% of that value could be recovered in the best
scenerio.

Would you know of any of your colleagues that would be interested in all or
part of such equipment?. I will be glad to provide color photos and as much
description as I can (unfortunately, I am not well versed in the components
nor am I very familiar with my father's notes). I would appreciate whatever
advice you could provide.

Thank you for your time.

Fred Smith
5200 Hilltop Drive