Re: grounded primary?

Adam:   Here in ths US one wire of the primary (white) is grounded, but
would not be connected to the case because a current carring wire could have
a voltage drop on it. We ground with the green wire which is not current
carring. Before the US went to the use of the green wire the outside of
equipment was connected to the white wire, but this often caused house wives
to get a mild shock when they touched appliences. This was stoped. The wife
rules the kingdom.
   Robert  H