Re: sectorless wimshurst up for bid

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

<http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2102242869&ssPageName=A>
 DME:B:LC:US:1>http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2102242869
> &ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

A colaboration:
This is not a Wimshurst machine, but a different kind of electrostatic
machine designed by Dan Bowlds:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/bowlds1.jpg
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/bowlds2.jpg
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/bowlds3.jpg
Essentially, it's a variation of a Holtz machine, with the two inductor
blocks in the frontal disk charged by corona points that point to the
output charge collectors.
There is a short description of it (search for "Bowlds") in:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/electrostatic.html

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz