Cap problem-please enlighten me

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <MrViper82-at-aol-dot-com>

Hey All,

I've been having some bad luck with my salt water caps. I used the geek group
method, one bucket with two 15/30 nst's in parallel.  I don't know why, but
after a while of operation the coil would completely stop working, even the
humming of the tranny's disappeared.  Come to find out, one of the corona
bottles broke shorting out the two salt water plates.  This has happened time
and time again, currently I am down to nine bottles left in my bucket. Anyone
have a reason for this happening?
Just for the record, I made very sure the bottles clean and I used a brand
new bucket.

Also, I was thinking about doing away with the salt water caps but don't know
the best route to take.  I have access to a Maxwell cap rated at 0.0124uf at
140Kv.  The capacitance should be right on target for a 15/60 power supply
but the 140Kv seems a little steep. Will it make any difference with having
such a high voltage rating?

I was also thinking about going the mmc route but don't really wish to spend
the money on the geek group caps. Any suggestions.

Thanks for everyone's help
Lance