Re: Directions for tesla coil research

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 5/8/02 9:21:07 AM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Agree. I *love* the results when ROC is such that the coil can only
>  just break out. You think not much is going to happen and the coil
>  suddenly reaches out and connects with something a few feet away.
>  Loud and bright with plenty of top C too. Yum  :,)
>
>  Regards,
>  malcolm

John and Malcolm,
That is what's happening with the big 8 x 28 toroid.
Now, for the first time, I'm getting no streamers or corona, just a juicy
white spark. I have now a real understanding of the function of the top load.
Pictures eventually.

 Thanks guys for all the teaching.
When may we expect the text book.

Happy day,