Re: Lightning from the fingers, ect...

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

<Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>

> A while ago, I asked this question and I think people are afraid that if you
> tell someone, they will try it, but I won't. Anyway, I have always wanted to
> know how they do the famous lightning from the fingers trick. Can someone
> explain to me how this works. once again, I am not trying (or planing) to do
> it, I am just a curious person. Also, to hook up all the components of a TC,
> does it matter what gauge of wire you use? I was thinking 10 gauge. And
another
> question, where can I get an RF filter. I think that is what I need, I need
> something that will stop the high voltages from going back through the wall.
> When I am running my tesla coil (very small at the moment), my parents
complain
> about the TV becoming very staticy, is this from the RF? If it is from
the RF,
> is it going through the air to the TV, or through the wires in the house
to the
> TV. What would i need to stop th! e static problem?
> thanks
> Adam

With my first tesla coil that I built 20 years ago, I used to be able to
hold a fork in my hand, arcing to the top of the coil, and the streamers
would come out of my feet and into the floor :)   Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com