Lightning from the fingers, ect...

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>

A while ago, I asked this question and I think people are afraid that if you
tell someone, they will try it, but I won't. Anyway, I have always wanted to
know how they do the famous lightning from the fingers trick. Can someone
explain to me how this works. once again, I am not trying (or planing) to do
it, I am just a curious person. Also, to hook up all the components of a TC,
does it matter what gauge of wire you use? I was thinking 10 gauge. And another
question, where can I get an RF filter. I think that is what I need, I need
something that will stop the high voltages from going back through the wall.
When I am running my tesla coil (very small at the moment), my parents complain
about the TV becoming very staticy, is this from the RF? If it is from the RF,
is it going through the air to the TV, or through the wires in the house to the
TV. What would i need to stop th! e static problem?
thanks
Adam