Re: Filament voltages

Original poster: "Alexander Rice by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alex-at-rices.myip-dot-org>

06/05/2002 18:58:21, "Tesla list"
<tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:

>Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

Hi Dave

>> This would be a loaded 10v-at-40amp+ so 400w x
4 + 1600 w x 1.414 = 2265,

1.414----------------------------^^^^^
>	?
>
>	Those are all AC quantities, implicitly
RMS

>	already?

i agree here - my thought would be that you
need (4*10*10){resistive load of the four
filaments} + (4*tube power rating)

>> so a 3kw fil trans will provide a good
transformer.

>	I'm in favour of over design, but 1600W
is 1600W,
>	I think....

my understnding is that since the filament
provides the electrons by thermionic emission
then the power that is being drawn from the
tubes mostly comes from the plate, the
accelerating voltage is applied to the plate
and the control voltage to the screen. So inb
this case you need more than just the apparent
power for the resistive load of the fillament

>	best
>	dwp
Regards

Alex