Re: Keeping up with the theory (was is Corum and Corumforbidden

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wysock-at-ttr-dot-com>

To Ed, Bert, John, and all.

I've been following this thread ever since the first post RE: Corum's
articles.  I wanted to "chime in" on giving my fair due of allocades
to Harry Goldman.  I am glad to read that so many others on this
list have given their personal testimonials to a great man: Harry S.
Goldman, the Father of TCBA.

Harry's 20-year-long run of being the (sole) publisher of the TCBA
News is a most remarkable feat in, and of itself.  That he, as sole
editor and publisher-at-large, weilded such a broad spectrum of
historical articles and points-of-view, is to be highly commended.

I know that when Harry "retired" from his high school teaching
profession, he (originally) thought that the publishing of a Tesla
Coil News Letter would only be a "part-time" "hobby".  Little
did he know what he was in store for!  I know that Harry worked
harder and longer hours over the past twenty years on the TCBA
News, then he ever did as a school teacher!  I also know that because
of his personal sense of dedication to truth and accuracy in the
publishing world, he labored many long and hard hours to get to
the bottom line of someone's story or article.

Personally, I liken Harry to the such  others as  Kenneth M. Sweezey,
John J. O'Neal and Leland I. Anderson.  I believe Harry's namesake
and his ground-breaking publication belong in a Tesla Coil Hall of
Fame!

Harry consistantly had a certain [editoral] "wit" about his content that
was always delightful, refershing and very informative.  It is comforting
to me, that I know that I can still pick up the phone and have a
leasurely conversation with Harry.  I also know that now he as
"freed" his hands from his publishing duties, he's like a kid in a
candy store...getting back to his personal "Tesla Lab" and at last,
being afforded an opportunity to pick up on so many of his own
projects (which he had to set aside) for the duration of the TCBA
News.

Respectfully submitted,
Bill Wysock.

> Date:          Sun, 05 May 2002 13:13:40 -0600
> From:          "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: Keeping up with the theory (was is Corum and
>                Corumforbidden topic?)

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Tesla list wrote:
>
> > When I first heard about the TCBA around 1984, I was was
> > overjoyed.  I was amazed that a newletter just for coiling existed.
> > I and a great many other coilers owe a great debt of gratitude
> > to Harry's TCBA efforts.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > John
>
> 	I've already seconded that, but just remembered something.  In one of
> the issues Harry reprinted an article by Tesla, giving a very lucid
> description of the operation of a van de Graff generator.. Must have
> been written in the middle or late 30's and contained none of the
> nonsense often attributed to him.  Nothing about "free energy", etc.
>
> Ed

Tesla Technology Research