RE: Geek Group Cap mod

Original poster: "Dave Larkin by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <teslaman15-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Hi Bert,all,
>I don’t expect to get 80KV, heck I only have two 9KV NST's. I was just
>going by what the site said and using their building technique. They
>claim this design will be perfect for a 15/60 and they rate this cap at
>80kv/.0125 mfd.
>Would someone take a look and see if I misunderstood the internal
>wiring?

No misunderstanding on your part... The geek group are not renowned for
their technical competance, I suspect the 80kV rating was based on either
severely flawed reasoning.  A more sensible DC rating for a longneck beer
bottle (miller, corona, becks etc.) would be 40kV or so, depending on the
condition of the glass and the creepage path down the neck.

Dave