Re: Spark plug experiment

Original poster: "Dave Lewis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hvdave-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Jim,

The arc over gap distance is a very strong function of electrode
geometry.  Sharp points are going to arc alot easier and at a larger
distance than smooth round surfaces.  You could probabbly get even
larger gap jumps with a couple of drywall screws.

For a TC gap, you want the arc to "go away" so your cap can re-charge
for another bang.  The fact that you had trouble blowing it out with
100psi does not bode well for TC use.

I have seen others use spark plugs for excellent and cheap HV
feedthoughs though.

Have fun,
Dave Lewis