Spark plug experiment

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jim-at-jlproduction-dot-com>

Hi all,
I had some time today at work to mess around while pondering a new spark
gap design.
I was trying various metals (carbide, stainless, brass etc etc)
hooked up to my spare 6VK/30ma NST to see what kind of gap it would
cross. I then
decided to try two spark plugs. I cut the side ground bracket off them
and hooked
them up in two simple "L" brackets.
These things jumped a bigger gap than any of the other materials I tried
and when I tried to blow them (the arcs) out with shop air I could not
do it, even at great
gap distances (like 3/8 inch or greater) using over 100 PSI.

This begs the question:
Could I build a single gap system using two NON RESISTOR type spark
plugs and use
A air nozzle directly below to quench? Similar to the "air blast" gap
seen here
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev/tesla/spark.htm
Keep in mind spark plugs dissipate heat very well, can handle voltages
over 250,000
easily, and have fancy/exotic electrode materials that do not break down
for a very long
time. A two gap set up would also be easy to adjust and I have been told
have better
electric properties than a multi gap set up.

What say you all? I am VERY curious to hear the answers on this one.
Jim