From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 3:19 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: fluorescent tube question

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Some of the posts here seem to overlook the fact that current must flow
through the tube to ionize the mercury vapor/gas fill and excite it into
generating UV light.  Since there is a voltage drop across the tube that
means power must flow.

Ed