RE: Spiral/Solenoid Combination Coil

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

I have posted a picture of the flat/solenoid combination coil at
www.tesla-coil-builder-dot-com.  Just below it is a photo of the discharge from
the terminal capacitance.  I'm now going to try different sizes of solenoids
to see if there is much difference in effect.

The flat spiral portion of the secondary is 25.25" in diameter and the
solenoid is 27" in winding height.  The copper ball is about 4" in diameter
(average.)

Dave