RE: Plexiglass

Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

Shad,

My experience has been exactly opposite!  Plexiglas is brittle and prone to
chipping, where Lexan is tougher and drills and cuts with no problems. Lexan
is much more expensive.

Pete Komen

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi All,

  I've used both polycarbonate and acrylic, and the arcylic machines *much*
easier than the polycarbonate in most cases.  The acrylic usually makes
clean cuts and smooth swarf, whereas the polycarbonate was prone to
chipping badly and breaking off in little bits instead of
cutting.  Drilling the polycarbonate was also a pain in the butt, as I had
bad problems of it cracking outwards from the hole as the drill punched
through the backside, even when drilling slow.  I may have had crap
polycarb, so I can't say that all does that, but I had 3 different
thicknesses do the same thing.

  Hope it helps!

<snip>
Shad (Sundog)
G-2 #1203
"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"