From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 1:45 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: fuse for AEEC 2kw variac?

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

i blew out the fuse on the AEEC variac. (i got it on ebay recently)
its aeec 2190 (i think, could be wrong.) rated at 2kw. with voltmeter.

the fuse appears to be a 5x20mm 250vac/20a.  i cannot find it anywhere.
about to pull the socket out and replace with 1/4" x 1 1/4" socket.
I'm not sure, but I think its a slow/medium blow fuse. the fuse is
not ceramic. Some slow blow fuses have the fuse wire wrapped around
a fiberglass rod (im guessing), which the fuse isn't either.

any help would be appreciated.
tnx.  larry.