Re: Mutual Inductance & K Factor

Hi Paul (I'll be quick, I know your involved heavily with Terry's testing)

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

> BTW, I do hope that no programmers are using this formula in their
> TC programs. These cheap and cheerful formulas are just for hand
> calculations. As a programmer, you have zero excuse not to use a
> more accurate approximation for the shape factor K, eg as per the
> Lundin formula.

Agree. But, most of us do use Wheeler and have been for long time.

I will be making the change for JavaTC soon following in TSSP's foot steps.
I hope others will follow. The
last testing I did with Les confirmed in my mind that Wheeler needs to be
replaced in order to gain a
closer approximation.

Take care,
Bart