Argon bubble

Original poster: "Will Daniels by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla_is_god-at-37-dot-com>

Hi everyone,
    I'm 15 and used to be on this great list of yours until my internet
crashed.  I'm fairly experianced now with them and am trying to move to a
nicer system.  I'm building a coil for school that's pretty close to
finished and I wanted to play around with a few things. I've read on the
internet that using argon as an atmosphere can increase arc length several
times(Bill Beaty).  I was thinking and I am really wanting to try using
argon in some experiments.  My coil is a 6" with 4 12,000/30 NST's of
input, expecting around 5 feet or so in reg air.  My cap is a .03 maxwell
pulse cap that's rated at 35kv.  Would it be possible to make a giant
balloon kind of thing full of argon with LDPE sheeting or something, say 20
feet or so in diameter, and put my coil inside.  I know there may be some
problems that would need to be overcome like dissipation of the gas,
getting the gas to be less than atmospheric pressure, limiting arc length,
vacuming and tuning etc, but would this be pos!
sible to do, and if so what could I expect from it?  Also what would the
problems be and ways to fix them that I might have with such a thing?
Thanks for any help.

Will Daniels
Kansas City, KS