Re: TC Secondary Currents - was ( Experimental Help - Terry?)

Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

> This is because the waveforms are not sinusoids.
> Displacement currents are just an idealization. If you change the
> voltage
> in one plate of a capacitor, you induce a voltage in the other plate.
> The same effect can be obtained if you connect the plates by a wire
> where a "displacement current" passes, and ignore the electrostatic
> coupling between the plates. Curiously, a displacement current works
> really as a real current. It even has a magnetic field around it.
>
> Antonio Carlos M. de Queiro

Antonio,

Can you give an experimental reference to this mysterious magnetic field around
this "displacement current"?  Can we measure it magnetically?  Could a small
flat plate capacitor placed in the center of a Pearson current transformer
measure this current?  It can sure measure the current in the leads up to the
capacitor.

RWW

--- Richard Wayne Wall
--- <mailto:rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com