Re: Magnetic Rectifier??

Original poster: "Bert Pool by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <txsharpie-at-prodigy-dot-net>

Some people expect these magnetic rectifiers to output pure DC and that was
definitely not the case.  The output was mostly DC with a horrendous amount
of AC "hum" riding on top.  This was perfectly acceptable for operating big
DC motors, etc., but this isn't something you are going to use in your
hi-fi home equipment!  I would expect this type of rectifier to be
incredibly robust and impervious to voltage spikes.  The new neodymium
magnets would probably work very well as a magnetic field "bias" source.  I
see these rectifiers as being very useful to coilers who want to use DC to
operate their coils - Tesla coil operation is very hard on semiconductor
diodes, and I doubt that these could ever be blown in operation.
Bert