Earth Gound (Re: Coil troubles-PVC vs ABS)

> Electrochemical potentials generated between the ground

> rods can affect your measuring or resistance.
> Suggest using amp meter and 12v AC source between your earth

> rods to find resistance between them.

	Something like this is used in the power business,
	to validate ground connections.  (There are a number
	of techniques...)  A summary of an official technique
	was posted to the list some years ago, may still be
	in the archive.  (While the test uses 60Hz (50 Hz, as
	apropos...) industry experience is that is applicable
	to lightning protection, which is similar in frequency
	to usual Tesla work,

> Ted Linney in NZ>

	Where its winter, no?
	8)>>

	Unrelated:
	For winter operations (OK: Its going summer in the
	US/Canada/Europe....8)>>):  If the ground water
	freezes, the 'goodness' of a ground connection can
	change radically.  Depending on power levels, ground
	currents can melt the water, leading to changes in
	operating characteristics.

>>BTW... My "improved" RF ground still measures 600k ohms to my house
>>gound, which is only 10 feet away.  Far from optimal, I know.  I'm using
>>3, four foot sections of galvanized elecrical pipe (it's all I had) in
>>moist earth.  The ground I used with my 6" coil was MUCH worse than
>>this, although I never actually measured it.  Copper pipe is expensive,
>>and I don't have much $$$.  Is copper worth the investment?

	I would revisit the measurement technique first, with
	suggestions as outlined above.

	And check the details of the 'house ground'.
	That 600K is Very High...

	How does the coil _work_?

	best
	dwp