Re: HV resistors for MMC

Original poster: "Sean Taylor by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <taylorss-at-rose-hulman.edu>

> Depends on what you are using them for.  If you are shunting each
capacitor
> individually for a bleeder resistor, there is no need to have 2500V
> resistors.

That's all I'm doing with them, just a shunt across each cap that is
rated 2 kV (Geek caps), the resistors I'm looking at are 10 MOhm,
don't know their application in any sort of pulse system aside from a
bleeder...

Why don't they need to be 2500V?  I understand that resistors will
hold off more than they are rated for typically, but when they aren't
too expensive, why not use ones within their ratings?  :-)