From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 8:59 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Slightly off topic- Van DeGraff Generator / other
E&Mexperiments

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 6/24/02 11:04:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<< f you discharge high voltage from a large cap through an SCR into a
 piece of solder it will explode with more violence than anything else I
 have seen.  You could probably use it as a blasting cap :)   I believe
 its the vaporized flux that really causes the bang.  And with the SCR,
 you just connect your pushbutton switch to the gate far away from the
 experiment.

 Wasn't exploding wire detonators part of the first nuke?

 Rob. >>

Better make SURE your SCR can handle the pulse current!I just blew a 4500amp
stud mount with a disk launcher!It now fires automatically at 130volts! That
was a NICE 3/4in diam stud SCR too!!!!
Now only if I can get a clamp for my Hocky Puck SCRs....

Matt G