Re: VTTC chokes

> > I need some choke for my vttc.  I am using two svetlana 572b tubes, a
> > 2100volt 300ma plate transformer, and a 6.3volt 8amp filament transformer.
> > There is a nice choke at rfparts-dot-com(rfc-3), but it is too expensive.  Do
> > you know any good places to get chokes?  And any suggestions on the ratings
> > I should use are very appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ryan Bergmann

	You haven't said what you want to do with the chokes, or what
inductance they must have or what current they must carry; all are
important.  There have been recommendations on use of ferrite-cored
chokes here.  You should be aware that any coil with a core of magnetic
material like ferrite is subject to saturation problems, and need to
understand them before using then.  A DC current can saturate the core,
rendering it useless, but excess AC voltage for the frequency, turns,
and core area can and often does cause saturation.  I suspect that most
of the ferrite-cored coils guys are using are saturated and not really
doing any good.

Ed