Re: Tesla Coil Capacitors - Why build them?

Hi Dan,

Usually commercial caps are pretty expensive.  But it sounds like yours are a
great price indeed.  Do you have any other specs on your caps?  RMS and peak
current?  Any on-line information?  You need about 20 amps RMS and about 2000
amps peak from the caps in a small system.  The high currents are usually what
drive up the price on comercial caps.  There are some inexpensive DC or filter
caps but they don't like high frequencies and high currents.

Cheers,

        Terry