Re: Tesla Coil Efficiency Test

Seems to me that since we build these coils to see nice hot roaring
arcs, the "efficiency" of a coil, however you decide to define it, is of
much less importance than what comes off the upper terminal and how
impressive it is.  It's not the secondary output power which counts,
it's the length of the streamers.  The more power the longer the
streamers, but the streamers are the end product (at least for most of
us).

Ed