Re: Static discharge from my air compressor

At 02:09 PM 6/2/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of any plans, schematics, etc. for building a Van de Graaf
>generator using air or pellets or just about anything other than a belt? I
>was interested in trying to make one.
>Thanks
>-Robert

Hi Robert, there is a ton of information on VDGs at:

http://www.amasci-dot-com/emotor/vdg.html

I have "heard" of this being done but I don't know more.  I think they used
small plastic particles run through screens and blown through a big loop.
I think the general opinion is that a belt is easier but using blown
plastic bits is possible.

Before we get too far off-topic, I should mention that there is a nice TC
information page at :-)

http://www.amasci-dot-com/tesla/tesla.html

May want to write to

"Robert Stern at PSU" <rls327-at-psu.edu>

direct on this less it gets too far OT.

Cheers,

	Terry