assorted questions and Re: which is better?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>

I think when i start on my next coil (in a year, when i can drive so my dad
does not havd to drive me to get stuff) I will do the half v and half flat.
Right now, i have a "v" one and it is hard to tune if it needs to be tuned
anywhere after the last turn (Don't know if thats what i ment to say, i think
you get the idea). Also, i want to get a cool high voltage sign. Where can i
get one, becides a fence. I need to get a variac from ebay. What specs do i
need for the output to run my 15/30 NST? To measure the input of my NST, i need
a meter that measures amps, right? not volts?
Thanks
Adam