Gap Arc Voltage Was: Natural streamer

Hi Carlos, All,

Sorry to post this so late on this subject (of sorts), but I've been
thinking about coilers spark gaps and arc
voltages. Typically, a coiler will use either electrodes with a large
radius (of which the ball-ball equation fits
nicely as per my own experimentation and works for ball-ball safety gaps),
but there are coilers which use electrodes
with a flat edge as well. I'd like to think a plane-plane gap equation
would suffice, but considering the electrodes
are typically 1/2" down to 1/8", I'm not sure a plane-plane arc voltage
equation would work well (then again, to a
spark, that small flat might appear pretty large). I guess I'm curious for
thoughts on the subject from you or anyone.

Thanks,
Bart.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>