RE: RF Ground Connections - Wire Type

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I was saying that there were reports from individuals running with no
connection of any sort to the secondary base, and their coil's performance
was not diminished.  This does not mean that everyone will see those
results.  It also does not address the possibility that other portions of
the coil were grounded, like the NST case.

My point was that one may make heroic efforts to construct the lowest
possible impedance ground system, and it probably won't make any observable
difference in spark performance.  There may be differences in radiated EMI
and transients coupled into your power mains, but these are much harder to
measure.

Gary Lau
MA, USA