RE: small coil

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

	Actually, I have to disagree.  Spark gap coils are not that easy to
build.  In a conventional coil, there are much more "mechanical"
difficulties and complexities to worry about then say a solid state coil.
Just building a spark gap can be a daunting task.  Solid state coils on the
other hand are simple mechanical-wise.  Simply wind a secondary, wind a
simple primary, and build a circuit which there are already some proven
designs out there.  Of course, the challenging part in a solid state coil is
designing your printed wiring board.

	But for the best bang-for-your buck, a conventional tesla coil is
best as its very difficult to get long arcs with a solid state tesla coil.

	Dan