Re: More primary AC resistance measurements

Original poster: "B2 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bensonbd-at-boo-dot-net>

Hi Gary,
    Great measurements.  Thanks for posting them.

    It is interesting that, in going from DC to 800 KHz, the copper tubing
(1 layer) changed in resistance by a factor of 16.23, whereas the number 14
(tight wound) changed in resistance by a factor of 11.58.  The thick copper
ribbon (0.030) increased in resistance by a factor of 53.16.  The thinner
(0.008) copper ribbon increased in resistance by only a factor of 6.51.
The number 7 litz wire increased in resistance, more than the others, by a
factor of 84.33.

    Looking at the data from yet another point of view, w.r.t. the copper
tubing (1 layer) at a median TC frequency of 200 KHz, the percentage of
resistance variation is: 0.030 copper ribbon-14 percent increase, number 7
Litz wire 25 percent increase, number 14 (close wound) solid copper-60
percent increase, 0.008 copper ribbon-40 percent increase.  Copper tubing
appears to be the better primary conductor.  The copper ribbon seems to get
better as it gets thicker.  0.05 inch thick (oxygen free) copper ribbon
might be even better than tubing??

    It would be interesting to see what a number 14 solid copper close
wound (same inside diameter as before) with 30 turns would measure.

    Your log graph looks really great.  How did you do it?

Cheers,
Barry