Re: RF Ground Connections - Wire Type

Tesla list wrote:

> Origin
>
> Now to the practical aspects.  An RF ground, good or bad, will have
> virtually no effect on the coil's performance.  Several list members have
> accidentally forgotten to connect their secondary base to a ground of any
> sort, and there was NO impact on performance!  The real reason for using a
> ground has more to do with preventing RF interference and HV RF nasties
> from entering your house wiring.

RF grounds (in the form of a counterpoise) have a huge effect on the
performance of my small TC...

whether it is connected to "green wire" ground, or to "real ground" has
almost no effect.

For a run of the mill coil with a flat primary, and where the bottom of the
secondary is connected somewhere in the primary circuit, the flat primary
is acting as the RF counterpoise, and whether it is connected to "real
ground" is probably not as significant.