Re: Paralleling Chokes

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

>Hi all,
>  I've noticed several power cabinet schematics that
>include paralleling chokes directly after the voltage
>control variac.. What are they for and how do I construct
>them?
>
>Also.. I'm wiring my cabinet for 220V.. but I'm having
>trouble figuring out how to get a neutral to run 110V
>accessories.. I was thinking about running a neutral into
>the cabinet, but I already have a 3 wire cord with a nice
>plug.. I realize I could use the ground wire because
>they're the same, but I didn't think that was safe..
>someone had a twin variac with the center taps tied
>together for a neutral.. however, mine doesen't have this
>center tap.. but it has other taps..
>
>Thanks for any help!
>
>Coiling In Pittsburgh
>Ben McMillen

Hi Ben...

check out my web site for paralelling variacs..

http://members.telocity-dot-com/~bigfoo39/

goto the tesla coiling page and then goto bottom of page and click on
the paralleling variacs link

Scot D