Re: Re:TESLA COILS are ILLEGAL!

Original poster: "Troy Peterson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <troypeterson-at-shaw.ca>

Hello,

>In Canada, as far as I know...Tesla Coils are seen as broad-spectrum radio
>transmitters and are restricted by size and power output. However, the laws
>change and soon as you are away from Cell phone, radio, Television/
>Microwave, and Radar towers. They aren't illegal outside of the city limits,

If this is true then the DOC (er... Industry Canada  I guess ;) _should_
have some sort of circular on it.., Something to perhaps check into. Do you
have any further information? Also, where do you live? There doesn't seem
to be too many Canadian coilers on this list.

>but I have been told to keep the Tesla Coil operation to no more than 2
>minutes of run time per session, and to contact surrounding neighbours to
>let them know what I am doing. Other than that, I've never had any
>problems...even with the Police who seem interested!
>
>Never been fined once.

Regards,
Troy Peterson
VE7SOK