Re: A challenge dying tree branch

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> 	Tend to concur.
> 	Tree limbs (and trunks) are mostly live AT THE
> 	EDGE/Circumference.  That's where the water is,
> 	that's where the nutrients are, that's where
> 	the growing and life (mostly...) is.
>
> 	Without getting into skin effects, the current
> 	will try to flow where it can: minerals in water.
> 	The youngest, outermost layer of the tree.
---
Yes,but due to unevenly distributed channels with
water and minerals ,Mhz current will not be located
just on outside walls of plant (althought
predominantely will be there).So,if any of such thin
channels (assumption) partialy goes more deply in
wood-the neighbours might be suddently current
connected puncturing hole tru the harder region of
branch.
---

> 	RF heat THAT and the limb is (you should pardon
> 	the expression....):
> 		toast.
----

I think ,dependingly on size of branch and type of
tree
for a given power of coil output,prolonged expossure
to arcing will rise a temperature to a certain
degree.Corona appearance might affect very badly
envelope of "live" part of tree also.
---

> >Most of trees contain water in branches-they got
> > sort of microscopic channels more conductive.That
> > sudden current pulses cause electromechanical
> damages
> > in harder parts of wood,
>
> 	I would suspect most of the damage is to _soft_
> 	bits, just under the bark, where the water and
> 	etc are.
>

> > and development of long term poisonous
>
> 	I'd suspect simply damaging the cell walls is
> 	sufficient.
>

> > Have you ever gave a though why some trees
> "explode"
> > being hit by lightening and not seriously burned
> down
> > in  same time?
> 	Different trees have different internal structures
>
> 	and water distribution.
----
The ones that explode contain part of water  deeper
inside.Energy of TC and part of the energy of
lightening develped in hit tree are incomparable.
The trees explode becouse of sudden evapoaration of
water.The ones with thin layer of more conductive
matter on outside are mostly burned and damaged
nonuniformily on surface areas.

regards,

Boris