Re: the cure for racing sparks

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> I am not sure where we were with tuning since we
> were hunting all kinds of
> points.  We finally had to scope it to get it right.
>  The arcs were just
> single powerful electrical snaps.  No streamer
> formation but rather a pure
> fast high voltage discharge.  A single fast big
> snap...

----
Than ,It must have been Fp>Fs significantly.Since
coupling was rather low,the combination of primary and
secondary geometry and gross detuning error could
cause flashover.Too bad you don't recall of  more
details of the arrangment when the arc incident
happen.

regards,
Boris

_