Control Box

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

Well today I finished my control box which consists of a variac capable of
5600VA but for my purposes only 1800VA, an inductive ballast made from the
core of an MOT, two switches, and a dimmer switch.  Now all I need is a
toroid, transformer oil for the MOT's, and a bunch of capacitors from the
geek group which I should have ordered months ago. There's one thing I need
to make sure of though, a triggered gap triggered by a dimmer switch/ignition
coil circuit should be 120bps sync right or should I just use my async rotary
gap? I suppose I might just try both since they're already made and I can
always rearrange the MMC for higher capacitance needed with 120bps or for
lower capacitance but higher voltage rating needed with an async gap.

Mark